Not connected, Your IP: 18.119.126.80
Sign in to follow this  
nfl86

VPN Router with DD-WRT

Hello I have a Linksys E1200 with DD-WRT Big version installed.

I'm trying to get the router working and used the config file to connect to Lyra.

I followed your instructions to a tee   https://airvpn.org/ddwrt/

Except I did not enter the server IP/Name, I did not know it.
I have a few more settings on my interface than the ones posted, below I'll list my settings.

DNS 1 10.4.0.1
DNS 2   10.6.0.1

Start OpenVPN Client   enable
Server IP/Name   192.168.xx.x
Tunnel Device    TUN

Tunnel Protocol    UDP

Encryption Cipher  AES-256 CBC

Hash Algorithm   SHA1
nsCertType verification   CHECKED
Advanced Options   ENABLED
TLS Cipher   TLS-RSA-WITH-AES-256-CBC-SHA256
LZO Compression    YES
NAT     ENABLE
IP ADDRESS   192.168.XX.XX
SUBNET MASK    255.255.255.0
Tunnel MTU setting   1500
Tunnel UDP Fragment    BLANK
Tunnel UDP MSS-Fix    DISABLE

EDIT: PRIVATE KEY DELETED. NEVER POST YOUR PRIVATE KEY! TOGETHER WITH CERTIFICATES, IT ALLOWS ACCESS TO OUR VPN SERVERS

All other DD-WRT settings are default except for renaming SSID, Im using a cable modem DCHP.
Can you please help me figure this out.
Thank, You...

Hello, Could you post what the right TLS setting would be. The one listed in your Tutorial is not an option available to me. I selected the same setting as the OP.

Thanks

Hello,

you're right, there's some confusion about it. The tutorial is correct but not entirely: some builds must be configured in that way, although TLS-Auth is "None" in our service. But if you set "None" on those builds, OpenVPN will inexplicably fail to maintain a stable connection, as if some different TLS-Auth parameter is passed to OpenVPN.

We see that newest builds work just fine with the correct setting. On yet some other builds, the setting must be forced in the nvram (with a simple command). Usually this is not needed, we have met this necessity only on very old builds.

So, please try to set it to "None". If it fails again, feel free to write back and we'll show how to set the proper setting directly, by bypassing the interface.

Kind regards

Hello,

I do not understand what the server ip/name setting is suppose to be in the guide it says "Set the Server IP/Name and Port to the Air VPN server you selected". i picked the "Earth" server during the setup of my conig files. 

Log into Air web site, click "Enter" from the top menu then "Specs" to locate the DNS server you want to connect to.

Assigned IP Port & Protocol IP DNS Port 443 - Protocol UDP 10.4.*.* 10.4.0.1

It doesn't give an actual IP it just says 10.4.*.*  I have no idea what to set this as please help!