Not connected, Your IP: 3.238.57.9
Spronky

Crash: "Text length must be less than 64 characters long."

Since signing up about 6 months ago, I have run the AirVPN client (always the latest version) on Win7x64Ult, Win8x64Ent, and now Win8.1x64Pro.

This problem has occurred when using AVG, Windows Firewall, Kaspersky Pure, and now Comodo Internet Security, so I do not believe it is anything to do with firewall brands.

This latest crash was noticed (I was not around when it actually happened) at around the 84 hour connection time. I am usually around when this happens, but knowing that the AirVPN client can bug out on a whim is becoming a real worry - I want to run a headless server over AirVPN, but if I cannot trust it, what's the point...?

(I'm not angry, I'm just hoping there's a solution, as in my eperience, NONE of the other VPN vendors have come close to AirVPN for speed)

Just a quick look at the error dialog, AirVPN thinks I have an AWESOME connection speed...!

I wish - I'm on VDSL D-80Mbps/U-20Mbps max.

The text of the AirVPN crash dialog box is -

"Text length must be less than 64 characters long.

Parameter name: Text

Actual Value was Air VPN - D: - 108166393 kB/s, U: - 222610555kB/s -

United Kingdom."

Any ideas how to fix?

TIA,

Spronky.

Sorry if multiple copies of images come up, or none...

DMHJhm32.png

Hello!

Yes, it looks like a bug. Thank you for your feedback, we will send the information to the client programmer to have it fixed. In the meantime you can connect through OpenVPN, OpenVPN GUI or any other OpenVPN wrapper. Our Configuration Generator will prepare all the files you need (menu "Client Area"->"Config generator").

Kind regards

Hi AM,

I probably can do as you suggest, and I have done so in the past, but I'm also having the issue in another post that I have to upload the logs for first: https://airvpn.org/topic/10211-airvpn-client-says-im-connected-but-whois-says-im-not/

Until that issue is explained/fixed, I am wary of doing so.

When I next turn the PC on, if the logs are not overwritten, I'll get onto uploading them, and doing as you suggested. Promise.

(I'm not being awkward - I'm bipolar + ADHD, and REALLY struggling atm    )