Not connected, Your IP: 18.216.190.167
Sign in to follow this  
diddiyo

speeds have dropped off signigicantly

Hello,

i've been using airvpn for over a year now and up until a few days/weeks ago I never had any complaints about the speed. i have a 100mbps connection (speedtest.net is usually showing around 70-80mbps via wifi connection) and when i used to connect to NL Leporis/Lyra servers i would get around 20mbps which was fine for me. lately, i would say since the new NL servers were added, i barely get over 5mbps on any NL servers. which is not really enough to watch HD sports streams...

any idea what it could be? let me know if you need anything from my end to better analyze what the problem might be.

thanks in advance

Hello!

Actually the average performance on NL servers has slightly improved after the four 1 Gbit/s NL servers addition, because clients have "re-distributed themselves" on all the servers, relieving load on most populated servers such as Corvi and Leporis.

As a first attempt, please try connections to different port, in particular test port 53 UDP, just in case your ISP has suddenly started to shape your traffic to port 443 UDP. Given your available bandwidth, also avoid connections to the 3 NL servers with a 100 Mbit/s port, please pick only servers with 1 Gbit/s availability.

You can anytime look at the servers status here: https://airvpn.org/status

Feel free to keep us informed.

Kind regards

Thanks for the input.

Here are a few comparison screenshots on Leporis (1000 mbps server). I did the same on Erakis and they're about the same.

Looks like protocol TCP is a lot faster for me in general. I'll play around with the settings a bit.

no VPN (duh, also slow-ish today lol)

3067626752.png

443 UDP

3067591148.png

443 TCP:

3067640610.png

80 UDP:

3067595616.png

80 TCP:

3067632185.png

53 UDP:

3067586009.png

53 TCP:

3067636722.png

Hello!

Since TCP is "slower" than UDP for some reasons you will find explained in the FAQ, the above results are a strong indication that your ISP is heavily shaping your UDP traffic. Anyway, another option is that you have, either in your computer or your router, some packet filtering/inspection/security tool that's shaping UDP traffic.

Kind regards