Not connected, Your IP: 100.26.35.111
Sign in to follow this  
winslow

IPv6 a security risk?

I already searched the forums and couldn't find anything directly addressing this. 

I'm just wondering if IPv6 should be disabled after reading some articles on it. It's definitely a security risk to some VPN users, but I'm wondering if it is an issue for Air VPN users that have set up firewalls to prevent DNS leaks (as detailed in the guides here), and test fine on sites like ipleak.net. It sounds like OpenVPN might not be susceptible to this risk even if IPv6 is still enabled, but I'm not sure. 

Hello!

If your firewall has "IPv6 filtering" enabled and drops outgoing IPv6 packets you don't need to worry. Otherwise, in case you run Windows and your ISP supports IPv6, it's safer to disable IPv6 in order to prevent DNS leaks.

Kind regards

I don't even chance it.  I disable IPV6 completely to make sure.  I have never used IPV6.  Maybe someday it'll become necessary, but not for now.

What is the risk?

Is there a plan for AirVPN to allow users to use IPv6 in the future, without worry?

I appreciate the input, everyone. Comodo has an IPv6 filtering option, but I guess I might as well disable IPv6 anyway.