Not connected, Your IP: 3.141.100.120
Sign in to follow this  
MajesticMint

Windows 8.1 Leak Avoidance Solution (Issues)

I have recently updated my operating system from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. All versions except for the newest version of Comodo personal firewall are incompatible. The forced add-ons and the new over stylized and clunky interface bother me greatly. The flipper described here interested me greatly, I am accustomed to using the AirVPN client but the simplicity seems worth the change.

I have followed all of the instructions listed in the how-to section as well as the original forum post, I have gone through multiple clean installations as diagnostic measures while testing the tips in the replies. Does anyone know if anything included in Windows 8.1 may be causing the consist error I face stating that the .ovpn files are not in the same directory as the batch file?

The farthest I’ve gotten the first batch file to go is to create the rawvpnip.txt file and create no rules. This occurred instead of the error only when I moved the encompassing folder to the desktop (instead of the config directory) and ran the batch file without the run as administrator option ticked.

Note to staff: I understand that this is a solution from a fellow forum member and not under the scope of your company to client support. However, any alternative recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Hello!

Please make sure that the working directory of the command prompt (or PowerShell) you launch the script from is the directory where all the files are located ("cd" to it). Also make sure that the .ovpn files contain IP addresses, not names (in the Configuration Generator they are generated by ticking "Advanced Mode", "Resolved hosts in .ovpn files" and "All servers for area or region").

Kind regards

Mhm, when the script returns the error it confirms that my working directory is correct. I also used the recommended configuration generator options.