• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gfdgfdgfd454asaakhj

gfdgfdgfd454asaakhj

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:16 PM

I noticed that when the auto-reconect to last server option is on and i return from standby eddie freezes, can't be killed from the monitor application (ubuntu here) i'm not online (probably because the network lock is active) and i have to restart the OS to make it work again.

Ubuntu 18.10 here

#2 nwlyoc

nwlyoc

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:46 PM

Same for me on Fedora, although only maybe 1 out of 5 times. And I don't believe I had turned on that option. Hasn't happened with the CLI version so far. Killing the mono process and then restarting Eddie sometimes worked, but not always.

#3 encrypted

encrypted

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:20 AM

I believe Mono is the achilles' heel, perhaps its memory management. Suspending or hibernating the system seem to make freezes or zombie processes more likely.

I have experienced a couple of hard freezes but those were during busy development period. Since then I've had zombie processes that effectively lock up Eddie, but they can be manually killed with "kill -9 <process-id>" or "htop", but for some reason not with "killall <name>".

Installing/launching htop, hitting F4 (for filter) and typing "eddie" is an easy to way to view the processes spawned in the Mono jungle.

Eddie is a nice GUI tool for managing the connection and one reason that initially attracted me to AirVPN, besides their sensible policies. Using Mono made sense for them, but the long-term objective has been to move to a native toolkit