1 reply to this topic

#1 dede198818

dede198818

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 12:56 PM

Hi,
I´ve tried to configure Airvpn on my Firewall with this tutorial (https://airvpn.org/topic/17444-how-to-set-up-pfsense-23-for-airvpn/). Unfortunately the tutorial is written for pfsense and there are to many differences in the web gui to use it with OPNsense. So I couldn´t get it running with this tutorial.
I want to route my whole traffic through Airvpn.
Does anybody has a hint or an how to do?
Please consider that Im a beginner at opnsense, so the options and steps are not self-explanatory to me.

I also speak german

#2 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 2674 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:34 PM

Unfortunately, no one has stepped forward yet.

I'm personally not sure about OPNsense as there seems to be a small dispute over the ethics of this project and its initiator. Something about the initiator making false claims and being a nag in general and that he didn't understand why it was necessary for pfSense's further development to change the license to a more permissive one. They also noticed that OPNsense releases allegedly follow the pfSense release cycle, suggesting that OPNsense consolidates fame and users at pfSense's (programming) cost.

While the other side is not content with pfSense's development and the involvement of NetGate, the company created to sell networking hardware based on pfSense, which is the reason why pfSense changed the license in the first place. They compare their move to similar examples like OwnCloud/Nextcloud and OpenELEC/LibreELEC.

I'd use pfSense. It's just better supported and development shouldn't stop for some time.

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs helps us read your thread.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~

Instead of writing me a personal mail, consider contacting me via XMPP at gigan3rd@xmpp.airvpn.org or join the lounge@conference.xmpp.airvpn.org. I might read the mail too late whereas I'm always available on XMPP ;)