Photo
- - - - -

Generator feature suggestion: option to display/edit config in web UI.

generator plain ui web config ovpn

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Borrible7

Borrible7

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:11 PM

A number of mobile browsers don't save the file correctly when the Generate button is pressed. Based on my experience just now, one popular browser saves a copy of the entire web page to the .ovpn, another just saves blank files.  

Rather than try to debug all of these I have a suggestion. Offer a checkbox or button on the Generator page that will display the config right there, in a box, such as an edit field, allowing the user to simply select and copy it to their paste buffer. This will get around filesystem quirks and give the user some flexibility in how to save it on their device.

What's more if it's an edit field (textarea) and the user knows of changes they need to make or would like to insert a comment, they'd have the handy ability to do it right there in the web page before copying it.

Thanks for your consideration.

#2 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 2627 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:49 PM

Can you provide a list of browsers not working for testing here? Because in the past it worked with Firefox/Fennec and Lightning for me. What's your mobile phone manufacturer/model and which Android version are you using?

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs helps us read your thread.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~

Instead of writing me a personal mail, consider contacting me via XMPP at gigan3rd@xmpp.airvpn.org or join the lounge@conference.xmpp.airvpn.org. I might read the mail too late whereas I'm always available on XMPP ;)