Not connected, Your IP: 18.221.187.121
kdudic

ANSWERED Asus AC1900 Router VPN slow speed Help needed

I have 300/50 mbps connection i am in Denmark.

My speed  without VPN

6823564650.png

Eddie ON,   NL server Ancha

6823576739.png

router VPN file. NL server Ancha

6823560466.png

why is it so slow with router file in it? i tested other servers same result. 

Router CPU will be slower than PCs.... but I also happened to purchase yesterday that router for my parents and saw that it was slower than my old AC68 (basically same router but with SLOWER CPU).  I obviously expected the 1400mhz AC1900 to be faster than my old AC68.

I have no answer at the moment and a cursory search of the internet didn't turn up anything.

Router CPU will be slower than PCs.... but I also happened to purchase yesterday that router for my parents and saw that it was slower than my old AC68 (basically same router but with SLOWER CPU).  I obviously expected the 1400mhz AC1900 to be faster than my old AC68.

I have no answer at the moment and a cursory search of the internet didn't turn up anything.

Its all about the encryption and decryption,that slows the router down.The router has no dedicated AES de-,en-cryption chip .While the cpu of a pc/mac support AES .And sometimes you find a separate chip on the the motherboard for the AES.

If you can buy a router with AES function included than you have the right hardware for openvpn .

So if you want speed from your router, use a pc and install pfsense or opnsense on it.

Gr,Casper

You obviously didn't read and understand my post.  I'm well familiar with this business.   But, thank you.  It's the thought that counts.

Its all about the encryption and decryption,that slows the router down.The router has no dedicated AES de-,en-cryption chip .While the cpu of a pc/mac support AES .And sometimes you find a separate chip on the the motherboard for the AES.

If you can buy a router with AES function included than you have the right hardware for openvpn .

So if you want speed from your router, use a pc and install pfsense or opnsense on it.

Gr,Casper

You obviously didn't read and understand my post.  I'm well familiar with this business.   But, thank you.  It's the thought that counts.

Sorry ,you right.Next time better.

Gr,Casper

Which ddwrt Version do you use on your Linksys?

I see you tested with Eddie and router 2 different hosts (Eddie zoetermeer, router Copenhagen)

Eddie and router both over lan or WiFi?

I am too late for this party, but take a look at Mikrotik brand routers. They are cheap, yet very well made devices that you really have to read up on to figure out the right model for your needs. If I recall, they do have some with hardware encryption and decryption as a feature.

If they do not have what you want/need, take a look at the pricey yet amazing Turris Omnia router. That beast is expensive, but it can and will work circles around routers costing more money off the store shelves.

(I dislike adding links to items anywhere, but I had some trouble finding this item a while back and have kept it in my wish list ever since. Staff, please feel free to delete this link if you feel I am violating the rules or spamming.)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MG47OY3/

It is a $320 USD router here in America. But it is one of the best you can get and runs all hardware encryption/decryption on OpenWRT. If I am very lucky, one day I will have one of these beauties myself. Good day everyone.

Debugging is at least twice as hard as writing the program in the first place.

So if you write your code as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you are not smart enough to debug it.