Not connected, Your IP: 3.19.31.73
awair

pfsense gateway status error

I'm just completing a 3-day trial, so would be most grateful if someone has a quick fix for this.

I have setup two AirVPN OpenVPN connections in pfsense, (added the interface, gateway and appropriate nat/firewall rules). The interface works, and I confirm routing through the respective channels.

However, the pfsense Dashboard current indication is that the Gateways are both down (I'm using a monitor IP of 10.4.0.1 & 10.30.0.1 respectively for the 443 & 1194 connections). Yesterday, both Gateways were indicating 'up'. No changes have been made on my part. Similar connections with an alternate  VPN provider always indicate correctly.

Do I just need to change the monitor address, or is there another setting that I need to consider, or is there something unique about the AirVPN connection/settings that causes this?

Just to confirm, the Gateway is working, but the status is wrong.

Many thanks.

DNS Server 10.30.0.1 should be assigned from port 1194 to 2018.

It doesn't matter.  10.4.0.1 can be used for DNS for any of the server ports/subnets.  DNS isn't the OP problem anyway. 

Thanks for the replies.

I am using pjs 2.3.4_1, and 10.30.0.1 as DNS (and Monitor IP target for the Gateway) on my 1194 connection.

After changing the Monitor IP, the pfsense dashboard displays correctly.

Probably more a question for the pfsense forum - is the DNS server IP the best/most appropriate to use for representing Gateway status?

But still a question for AIrVPN (as I used this option, based on an online tutorial): is it permissible/acceptable to use the AirVPN DNS address for Gateway monitoring? As this was working, but has proven intermittent, is there a block or (real-time) blacklist?

Would appreciate any guidance for best practise, and being a 'friendly neighbour'!

Thank you.