Not connected, Your IP: 3.147.66.178

I use the Netherlands servers almost exclusively and I've noticed recently that nearly all of them have had high latency (in the hundreds of ms) and very low or no star ratings (see screen cap). Do these mean anything at all and/or affect performance while connected to these servers?

By the way, I've noticed the same thing with other countries servers too.

Check yourself first: Your computer, your router, your ISP. Because no one else has got this.

Also, your logs in spoilers (see signature) might help.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

My computer seems to be running OK, my router and ISP are from Plusnet and are the same as before the problems (I'm not sure how to check them or what to look for). I also am not sure how to post my logs in spoiler tags so I saved the logs to a text file and attached it below.

Eddie_20170522_115612.txt

My computer seems to be running OK, my router and ISP are from Plusnet and are the same as before the problems (I'm not sure how to check them or what to look for). I also am not sure how to post my logs in spoiler tags so I saved the logs to a text file and attached it below.

attachicon.gifEddie_20170522_115612.txt

The point is the servers can't do anything to increase the latency that you see.  Latency is a measure of time *between* you and the server.  If your ISP has made a change in routing to the Netherlands datacenter then you'll probably notice a change in latency and possibly speed.

attachicon.gifEddie_20170522_115612.txt

The point is the servers can't do anything to increase the latency that you see.  Latency is a measure of time *between* you and the server.  If your ISP has made a change in routing to the Netherlands datacenter then you'll probably notice a change in latency and possibly speed.

OK, Thanks for that explanation. It could be my ISP changing the routing to the Netherlands (or possibly all as I noticed similar poor star ratings and high latency for other countries). I will try using some of the other Netherlands servers and see if there is any effect on speed from the poorer rated ones.

Hi, I have just a question about the rating, how is this calculated in Eddie?

The lantency for me is not the greatest too, but I have another problem, that I cannot understand:

The server load is continously shown as under 10-20%, but the whole maximum speed I get is 100 KByte, plus a latency of 30ms and more it is nearly impossible to open ixquick.com, google.com, debian.org, bbc or any other site in time. Even if I start a download from debian netiso, which should be latency independent, the speed do not climb up about 150 KByte/s. Without VPN it climbs to 5 MB/s.

And if I disconnect and use the Tor-Browser I have less problems, especially on the speed.

I also checked the routing and didn't find any changes. Without VPN the pings to the servers of sites and Airvpn servers, are good between 18 and 30 ms.