Not connected, Your IP: 18.217.182.45
rmathes

New AirVPN user, was great until it wasn't

I've been using AirVPN for a few weeks now and in general it's been good. But in the last week Eddie has become really unstable, locking up and requiring force quits on my Mac. Now I can't get a connection, I just get the grammatically hideous error message of 'route checking DNS don't match.  Have tried rebooting, multiple quits and restarts of Eddie, nothing.

Any suggestions before I pull the plug on this experiment and try a different provider?  Would really like to stay here, but man, this is becoming a serious hassle.

thanks, next time it does it will post logs. Not sure what "in spoilers" means. 

first thing I did was search the forum. Didn't find anything helpful, perhaps I missed something.

I said screw it and went to bed last night without it working. Tried again this morning and it worked and has been logged in all day. No clue why it wouldn't work last night and is today. The joys of technology.

You could always use the official OpenVPN client or any client that follows standards. That, too is an option. At least it can be a backup for you when Eddie fails until you get it sorted. In my case, Eddie is not an option. At home, my router is the client, which uses official OpenVPN. When mobile, it is also unavailable, though there is an excellent Android client. I use SSL option on mobile as my provider doesn't throttle SSL and it handily gets around port restrictions and proxies on WiFi networks

I have also recently installed the latest Eddie software on my MacBook to provide me with VPN services. The software keeps locking up and I have to switch server within the software or shutdown and restarted the software. This has now become a regular occurrence. I'm an IT consultant with many years of experience in this industry. My experience tells me that if this isn't rectified promptly I will terminate my financial investment into Airvpn. There is too much competition out there for me to exhaust my mind trying to overcome the tradegy of this software.