1 reply to this topic

#1 Zdenx

Zdenx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 08:04 AM

Hi everybody!

I'd really appreciate it if you can share some insight on the things mentioned below, thank you!

My goal is to be a merchant and selling products on a couple of Shopify's websites from US IP and US geolocation.
It's very important for me to have a realistic IP address and geolocation from the US (preferably Wyoming or Colorado).
I've used/bought a fairly known VPN service provider but sometimes when I would type in 'My IP location' in Google it would show that the IP address is from some other location in the US or even worse – Singapore! Additionally sometimes when I would type in 'My Location' into Google the same thing would happen – it would show some different US location or Mexico.
Why is that? How can this be fixed/prevented? Is it guaranteed that with the AIRVPN service this things will not happen and why?

My plan is to get a new IP VPN provider where my main priority is that it shows one realistic IP address and geo-location all the time.
Should I get a static IP then?

Thank you.
Best regards,
Zdenx.

#2 zhang888

zhang888

Donald Trump of IT/Security

• Moderators
  • 2219 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:32 AM

All US servers currently geolocate correctly.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.