Not connected, Your IP: 18.116.118.198
tox-pal

Randomly rotating VPN servers in router

In one of topis I submitted earlier someone from AirVPN staff wrote that it's possible to create a configuration for router (ASUS-wrt/Merlin) which will randomly rotate VPN servers from selected continent. However, when I asked how to di it, no more reply was posted.

Could anyone tell me how to do it? I would like router to randomly rotate all VPN servers from Europe (except servers from single country, where I live in, so I don't want any server from one specific country to be used).

there are settings so that upon connection openvpn chooses a server in the config at random.  but I don't know of ways to "rotate" the servers automatically.  when you say rotate I imagine you're talking about automatically switching at a specified time interval. 

"remote-random" is the command to randomize a list of remotes upon connection

then your list of remotes (servers), 1 for each line.

remote 1.1.1.1 443

remote 2.2.2.2 443

remote 3.3.3.3 443

just use the IP addresses of the servers you want to use.

This will all go in the custom config down at the bottom of the openvpn client page.  I am concerned that maybe the server input in the server field near the top of the openvpn client page will take priority every time.  You'll have to test it.

Well, this is a message posted by one of staff members:

"There is actually a possibility to generate a config file that will rotate up to 64 EU servers randomly."

Can you post some example of the scripts so that I can manually add those selective servers I needed

add in additional config

remote-random

remote xx.xxx.xxx.xx 443

remote xx.xxx.xxx.xx 443

Can I add the duration for each connection before expiration and move on to the next vpn server?

Can I add the duration for each connection before expiration and move on to the next vpn server?

@Alex_Sung RESOLVED.

Instead of adding a duration for the session itself....a time countdown has been implemented.

Can you post some example of the scripts so that I can manually add those selective servers I needed

See this --->>https://airvpn.org/topic/17440-guide-fix-for-tap-adapter-in-windows/page-3?do=findComment&comment=82338

Enjoy,

Flx