#41 OmniNegro

OmniNegro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationThe Fiery Pits of Texas, USA.

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:21 PM

Actually it seems this extension is not only outdated, but entirely useless as uBlock already has this and even a fix for pages that require GA to work. See here for details.

https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Experimental-filters

So make sure "uBlock filters - Experimental" as well as "uBlock filters - Privacy" are toggled on. And there is no need for anything else to block Google Analytics.

I will edit out the link above. That addon is beyond useless today. Thanks again zhang888.

Debugging is at least twice as hard as writing the program in the first place.

So if you write your code as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you are not smart enough to debug it.

#42 LZ1

LZ1

It's nice to be nice to nice people

• Moderators
  • 1950 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:41 PM

Hello!

The plugin Privacy Settings is quite a nice tool for quickly changing many of the about:config firefox settings really quickly! :)

Just thought I'd share that, in case it hasn't been said.

Hi there, are you new to AirVPN? Many of your questions are already answered in this guide. Its Guides Section has guides on Linux/Torrenting/Blocked sites & many other topics too.
Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please read the First Questions section in the link above for more details, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Tired of Windows? Why Linux Is Better.

#43 Khariz

Khariz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:25 PM

Actually it seems this extension is not only outdated, but entirely useless as uBlock already has this and even a fix for pages that require GA to work. See here for details.

https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Experimental-filters

So make sure "uBlock filters - Experimental" as well as "uBlock filters - Privacy" are toggled on. And there is no need for anything else to block Google Analytics.

I will edit out the link above. That addon is beyond useless today. Thanks again zhang888.

Therefore it is also redundant to stack uBlock with experimental and privacy filters and Ghostery on top of each other was well, would you say that is correct?

#44 OmniNegro

OmniNegro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:43 PM

Hello!

The plugin Privacy Settings is quite a nice tool for quickly changing many of the about:config firefox settings really quickly! :)

Just thought I'd share that, in case it hasn't been said.

Indeed it is. I have not mentioned how to configure it yet, but so far no-one has asked, and the one-click buttons on the bottom seem to simplify that much and work for almost everything. (It is in the original post. But you are right to mention it. It needs more love.)

Therefore it is also redundant to stack uBlock with experimental and privacy filters and Ghostery on top of each other was well, would you say that is correct?

Yes. I have not used Ghostery since I learned they are collecting and selling user information. While I loved their addon at one time, they could not stay afloat without money, and no-one was donating, so they did the only thing they could.

So if you write your code as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you are not smart enough to debug it.

#45 Khariz

Khariz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 02:28 AM

They at least claim to allow you to opt out now. Not sure if they have lost too much trust though.

#46 SDBF

SDBF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:38 PM

I will throw this addon into the mix for anyone interested:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/no-resource-uri-leak/

#47 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 2687 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:22 AM

Using it myself. :)

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs helps us read your thread.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~

Instead of writing me a personal mail, consider contacting me via XMPP at gigan3rd@xmpp.airvpn.org or join the lounge@conference.xmpp.airvpn.org. I might read the mail too late whereas I'm always available on XMPP ;)

#48 go558a83nk

go558a83nk

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:17 PM

began using this when I saw it posted here.  is it just me or does enabling blocking of chrome:// URIs break things?  for me it removes the vertical scroll bar.

#49 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 2687 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:22 AM

is it just me or does enabling blocking of chrome:// URIs break things?

Not for me. Go into the addon's settings and check if the addon's main feature and the option beneath it, the one "recommended for privacy", are enabled. If yes, the problem is related to something else.

Always remember:

Instead of writing me a personal mail, consider contacting me via XMPP at gigan3rd@xmpp.airvpn.org or join the lounge@conference.xmpp.airvpn.org. I might read the mail too late whereas I'm always available on XMPP ;)

#50 go558a83nk

go558a83nk

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:27 PM

is it just me or does enabling blocking of chrome:// URIs break things?

Not for me. Go into the addon's settings and check if the addon's main feature and the option beneath it, the one "recommended for privacy", are enabled. If yes, the problem is related to something else.

yes, it's that setting that breaks the vertical scroll bar for me.  also breaks some pfense web configurator things - the logon page fields for username and password are gone and the ability to expand text fields to see more by clicking and dragging is broken.  if nobody else has this problem then I suppose it's a combination with something else that's relatively unique to me.

#51 OmniNegro

OmniNegro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:22 AM

Nah. The vertical scroll bar ceased to exist for me too. The single thing that changed was this extension being added. You are not alone go558a83nk.

#52 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 2687 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:14 PM

the logon page fields for username and password are gone

I occasionally got this, too. I disabled the Resource addon and they reappeared but when I enabled it again nothing was broken... didn't get to the bottom of it. Has been working for the past month or so.

Always remember:

#53 Omnomnom

Omnomnom

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:38 PM

Could one update the images in the first post?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Servers online. Online Sessions: 13724 - BW: 50705 Mbit/sYour IP: 34.228.143.13Guest Access.