Not connected, Your IP: 54.160.245.243

This has been happening for several days now. I know people have posted about Netflix in the past ,but has something new happened to block it now?

With all due respect EdensSpire the majority of links you gave are down to issues with configurations and so on.

I'm certainly aware and I'm sure many others are of the cat and mouse games in regards to netflix.
However a new problem has developed and there is no single thread in respect of it that has had any acknowledgement of the issue or any response to suggest it is being worked on.
The problem started over a week ago and I've been quite happily sitting here waiting for airvpn to do their usual magic or to see an acknowledgement on the forums of the issue.

I don't subscribe to airvpn solely for US netflix however it's something I enjoy as a result, I'd unsubscribe Netflix if it wasn't available.

Whether the issue is resolvable or not it would be nice to know either way what the situation is.

you must configure your router to filter DNS so that only AirVPN DNS is used.  Otherwise, Netflix will use google DNS.

This is no longer required to be set menaully using the Eddie client in windows OS go558a83nk

you must configure your router to filter DNS so that only AirVPN DNS is used.  Otherwise, Netflix will use google DNS.

This is no longer required to be set menaully using the Eddie client in windows OS go558a83nk

Eddie will do its job of changing the DNS to 10.4.0.1 but that doesn't stop an app or the user from specifying another DNS.  I don't think Eddie does anything with windows to redirect DNS requests to 10.4.0.1 if they're specified to go elsewhere (e.g. 8.8.8.8). 

I don't think watching at the netflix web site uses alternate DNS.  So, anybody with problems is probably using a router.

If running openvpn on a router so that a set top box (apple tv, roku) netflix will work through VPN, DNS requests will need to be filtered and redirected to 10.4.0.1 (or to the router itself which is using 10.4.0.1).

just to test it for yourself when connected with Eddie, try

nslookup www.google.com

and

nslookup www.google.com 8.8.8.8

and

nslookup www.google.com 4.2.2.5

just to see if they give the same result.  if they don't then it proves those other DNS are being used.

Apologies for the duplicate posts above, I hadn't noticed the admin approval for first 4 posts and thanks admin for posting my deletion request

This is what I was talking about go558a83nk. Previously I believe you had to set the IPv4 DNS manually on your ethernet adapter (for the disconnected SS attached I've set it back to obtain automatically on the ethernet adapter). The second ss is after connection and as the log shows it's been forced to Airvpn DNS. I hope that clears up any confusion over what I was trying to explain. 

Eddie will do its job of changing the DNS to 10.4.0.1 but that doesn't stop an app or the user from specifying another DNS.  I don't think Eddie does anything with windows to redirect DNS requests to 10.4.0.1 if they're specified to go elsewhere (e.g. 8.8.8.8). 

I don't think watching at the netflix web site uses alternate DNS.  So, anybody with problems is probably using a router.

If running openvpn on a router so that a set top box (apple tv, roku) netflix will work through VPN, DNS requests will need to be filtered and redirected to 10.4.0.1 (or to the router itself which is using 10.4.0.1).

just to test it for yourself when connected with Eddie, try

nslookup www.google.com

and

nslookup www.google.com 8.8.8.8

and

nslookup www.google.com 4.2.2.5

just to see if they give the same result.  if they don't then it proves those other DNS are being used.

Hello,

and if the results are differents which could I do?

How could I do to "force" to use only VPN DNS  ?

THank you for your help

This has been happening for several days now. I know people have posted about Netflix in the past ,but has something new happened to block it now?

Staff at air told me all USA servers are down now for Netflix. No fix as yet.

Staff at air told me all USA servers are down now for Netflix. No fix as yet.

that's correct.  what I wrote previously in this thread will no longer get netflix working.  now you must basically use netflix without a VPN.  it's being discussed in other netflix threads.