Not connected, Your IP: 3.143.168.172
mehāniskākaravīrs935

Should users in the USA use Canadian servers or does it not matter which?

Quick question for the community: If you live in the USA is it better in terms of privacy and torrents to use servers in the US or should you go out of country to at least Canada? Or does it really matter? I'm just trying to find the best servers for privacy while maintaining good speeds. Latency isnt as much of a concern to me as of right now.

personally, under no circumstances do I ever use u.s, canada or u.k servers ever.....  just a weird thing I have, no matter where I am or  what I am or am not doing........

Intelligence agencies in nations worldwide are in the same business as the NSA.

Also, the USA has no laws invading the privacy of VPN providers such as mandatory logging.

However, some nations will be more stringent against copyright infringement than others.  But, AirVPN seems to have a good understanding of law and aims to handle copyright complaints the same no matter the location.

So, IMO, there is no reason to avoid USA servers anymore than other nations.  But, it MIGHT make it easier on AirVPN if copyright infringing activities were done using servers in nations that don't cooperate with copyright complaints.

I asked a question like this to the staff and they recommended using servers not based in your home country for the most privacy.

I personally always use a server outside of my current country for better privacy. But I don't use US/CA servers anymore because I don't trust them and AirVPN handles geo-routing.

Also if privacy is your greatest concern you might want to make a double/triple VPN conenction but for torrenting you might want to take just one and preferably with lowest ping but if possible at least outside your current country.

I setup a VPN on the router so all internet is encrypted. Next I also enable a VPN on my client to connect through the first. Optionally you could always add a third layer by using a VM but that would probably make it very slow.

Also for even higher privacy you might want to use 2/3 different providers however you can use 2/3 of your AirVPN connections (I currently have 3 providers and because one of them uses double VPN/ multi-hop I can route my traffic through 4 servers but that would slow it too much down). 

Helping mankind one line of code at a time.

Kind regards, Me