Not connected, Your IP: 54.146.154.243

Hey guys,

am currently using airvpn from a location where it's not allowed to be used and my question is , can the ISP pinpoint my location ? 

i know they only see gibrish in their data streams at the moment but can they back track it to me ?.

Oh and how can i minimize the chance of being tracks, please explain for dummies.

Thx

I would strongly recommend contacting the staff with your questions. They are friendly and very knowledgeable and can give you the answers you are looking for. 

Try using SSL

Hey guys,

am currently using airvpn from a location where it's not allowed to be used and my question is , can the ISP pinpoint my location ? 

i know they only see gibrish in their data streams at the moment but can they back track it to me ?.

Oh and how can i minimize the chance of being tracks, please explain for dummies.

Thx

YES the ISP of course can know your location!  When I connect to any vpn (regardless of how great Air is or any other provider) the ISP will always without any question whatsoever know the first server hop/relay/location.  Its how the internet works.  They won't know where you go or if (as I do) you connect to other providers including TOR.  If you further explained your security needs someone here may be able to help you "disappear" with a plan of some sort.

Sorry, should have specified.

In the eddie (airvpn) program, go to "protocols" and choose SSL Tunnel Port 443.

- As in RickJames' picture

If your privacy is REALLY important, you should check out these two articles and do some research about the issue. Perfect privacy doesn't exist, its a matter of finding the right balance between your privacy needs and the resources and determination of your potential attacker.

https://freedom-to-tinker.com/blog/haldermanheninger/how-is-nsa-breaking-so-much-crypto/

http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-the-nsa-and-your-boss-can-intercept-and-break-ssl/