Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.156.46
Gaechka

Portable Linux version of Eddie sometimes fails to start

I was suffering this problem for a long time in the past, but now I have found the reason for it and I want to share this - maybe it could help someone.

I was using different Linux versions of portable Eddie-Clients (x64) and I had this issue when Eddie failed to start sometimes at first try after system reboot, so I had to kill 'airvpn' process as root and restart it again. It happened about 1 time out of 5 and it was a bit annoying to be honest. I experienced this issue on different Linux distros: Linux Mint, Linux Mint Debian Edition 1 and 2...

Now I have found the reason for this:

I was running portable Eddie from a NTFS formatted drive - I was needed this drive to be Windows-compatible at that time, but now I don't. So, about a week ago I formatted it to Ext4 and now portable Eddie starts everytime without problem!

The conclusion is:

Linux version of portable Eddie sometimes fails to start from NTFS filesystem.

That's it. I just wanted to inform everybody.

I know this topic is old but in case anyone is reading this and having problems starting Eddie:

I use Mint and often used to have problems starting Eddie.  I found that deleting (or moving) the air log files and trying again always worked for me. This is always the first thing I do if I am having troubles with Eddie.

I don't know if there is any downside to doing this; I haven't discovered any but then I am no expert.