Not connected, Your IP: 3.90.187.11
Sign in to follow this  
XQWeir97

ANSWERED Asus N66U router won't connect with new Air update

I've been successfully using my Asus N66U router with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware 374.40 to connect to AirVPN for quite some time. Unfortunately the router doesn't want to connect since updating to the new Certificates and Keys. I downloaded them and pasted them just like I have done many previous times, but sadly I'm not able to connect to Air with the new Certs and Keys.

Actually, the router indicates that I am connected to the VPN, but when I check the Air website it indicates that I'm not connected at all.

Other than pasting the new Certs and Keys into their appropriate boxes, are there any other changes to the router settings that are necessary for the latest Air update?

Thanks in advance and thank you for your wonderful service,

Laurelli

Laurelli

<my rant>Privacy is a right and expectation that the citizens of the world once enjoyed, but took for granted, and have lost. Today we are made to believe that we only need privacy if we are doing something wrong. I do not believe this lie. Today we are told by our governments that we can have no expectations of privacy, for our own "safety" and for "the greater good" of society. Personally, I don't need a big brother to protect me, and I will NEVER choose to surrender my rights and my liberties for so-called safety and security from a boogie man. I will continue to use services, such as AirVpn, in order to exercise my right and expectation of privacy. Would that the sheep would learn.</end rant>

tried up to the RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.41_beta1 merlin build and no luck so far. I also changed to the Andromeda server with a new config file but I notice that the total Airvpn user count is way down yet (~991) so it may be just a few bugs still need ironing out.

Man....I remember when the total user count was around 220! (when I first joined)

Looks like another user figured out the added changes needed for any DD-WRT based router.  This change worked for me running TomatoUSB on my Asus RT-N16.

Link to the additional steps needed: https://airvpn.org/topic/6652-airvpn-tomato-configuration-step-by-step-guide/page-3?do=findComment&comment=16703 .

Many thanks zuke. Those changes did it for me. I'm back on the router!

Laurelli

Laurelli

<my rant>Privacy is a right and expectation that the citizens of the world once enjoyed, but took for granted, and have lost. Today we are made to believe that we only need privacy if we are doing something wrong. I do not believe this lie. Today we are told by our governments that we can have no expectations of privacy, for our own "safety" and for "the greater good" of society. Personally, I don't need a big brother to protect me, and I will NEVER choose to surrender my rights and my liberties for so-called safety and security from a boogie man. I will continue to use services, such as AirVpn, in order to exercise my right and expectation of privacy. Would that the sheep would learn.</end rant>

Well, not sure what I did (or didn't do) but I seem to be back up on my Asus N66u. Thanks Laurelli, Zuke, and Admin for the help. I really should know more about this stuff but I have to be satisfied with taking "lucky" over smart I guess! lol.....

Love this AirVPN outfit and I've tried most of them.

Best to all...

I'm also on an N66U and CAN'T connect. My whole connection dies with the new config. I've tried about 20 different variations to troubleshoot and nothing works. And I wrote the damned Tomato guide!

I'm using the N66U with Tomato by Shibby firmware:

Tomato Firmware 1.28.0000 MIPSR2-116 K26AC USB AIO-64K

I applied the changes noted in the "best answer" and it is working correctly.

I'm also on an N66U and CAN'T connect. My whole connection dies with the new config. I've tried about 20 different variations to troubleshoot and nothing works. And I wrote the damned Tomato guide!

When I set up my router quite some time ago, it was your Tomato guide that got me through it. Very well done and many thanks.

If the changes that were recommended to me in the "best answer" by zuke don't work for you, then unfortunately I don't know what else to offer. I wish I could repay your kindness for writing the Tomato guide, by offering a solution to your connection problem. I feel confident that with your skills, or by someone else's skills you will quickly find the answer.

Again, many thanks,

Laurelli

Laurelli