Not connected, Your IP: 3.135.183.89
Sign in to follow this  
McLoEa

Please help me understand

I have read this thread about what a VPN is,

https://airvpn.org/faq/what_is/

and I think I understand that when I am connected to an Air/Open VPN server then all traffic to and from my connection is encrypted and anyone viewing my activity would only see the IP address of the server I was connected to unless I was logged on to a facebook or other account where the other party has my details and would obviously know who I am regardless of where I am connecting from.

So ,when I am connected over Open/Air VPN, my ISP can see no details of any of my internet traffic,no IP addresses and no idea of what protocols I am using?

I would guess my ISP can still see how much data I am moving either through uploads or downloads though,is this correct?

I think I have a basic grasp of how a VPN works but if anyone would like to clarify things for me a little it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

So ,when I am connected over Open/Air VPN, my ISP can see no details of any of my internet traffic,no IP addresses and no idea of what protocols I am using?

Yes. That's the point of using a VPN.

I would guess my ISP can still see how much data I am moving either through uploads or downloads though,is this correct?

Right again. Your ISP can only tell how much data is being transferred, both up and down. But that's it.