Jump to content
Not connected, Your IP: 216.73.216.250

Recommended Posts

Hello!

I've been able to use port forwarding both in qbittorrent and nicotine+ (soulseek client) thanks to the possibility to choose the Network Interface in those apps. But when I try to run slskd (different soulseek client) as a container in Windows Docker Desktop, I can't get the listening port to work (own shares are not browsable by other users, other functions ok). I have (ie 12345)

soulseek: listen_ip_
   address: 0.0.0.0
   listen_port: 12345

in my config yaml and

    ports:
      - 5030:5030/tcp
      - 5031:5031/tcp
      - 12345:12345/tcp

in my compose. In Docker I have host networking enabled and the port binding behavior is Open (Default).

If someone has a similar setup working and can let me know what I'm missing / doing wrong, thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Posted ... (edited)

I don't use slsk (SoulseekQt) anymore but only Nicotine+. I think I remember that SoulseekQt requires more than one port forwarded. 

Edited ... by DeepAnger

Share this post


Link to post
Posted ... (edited)

Ah, I suppose this is VERY BASIC KNOWLEDGE, but I just found out that Docker doesn't direct it's containers through the vpn and that I need an extra tool (ie gluetun) to do that :doh:. I was able to set it up and everything works just fine.

Edited ... by Bakadori

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Security Check
    Play CAPTCHA Audio
    Refresh Image

×
×
  • Create New...