Jump to content
Not connected, Your IP: 216.73.217.175
milesgb

"outside the VPN tunnel" problem

Recommended Posts

Posted ... (edited)

Hi

I tried to add my public IP to Eddie's routing rule screen so that I can access my public facing jellyfin server while connected to the VPN (my server geo blocks - as soon as I hit it through the VPN, everything is rejected).
I am running Eddie on Windows 11. My gateway is 10.0.0.1. Let's say my public IP is 69.69.69.69. My LAN IP is 10.0.0.163.
I added my IP (no range) and selected "Outside the VPN tunnel".
My server still blocks my traffic. So I run a tracert and see that my traffic is hopping its way back from the VPN server in the country I am connected to.
I run "route print 69.69.69.69"
 

===========================================================================
Interface List
 31...........................Eddie Tunnel
 27...00 11 22 33 44 55 ......Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter
  5...66 77 88 99 00 aa ......Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-LM
  1...........................Software Loopback Interface 1
===========================================================================

IPv4 Route Table
===========================================================================
Active Routes:
Network Destination        Netmask          Gateway       Interface  Metric
   69.69.69.69     255.255.255.255    192.168.0.254       10.0.0.163     35
===========================================================================
Persistent Routes:
  None

Eddie has inserted a rule, but the gateway is wrong.

I change my routing table "route CHANGE 69.69.69.69 MASK 255.255.255.255 10.0.0.1 metric 35 if 5"
 
===========================================================================
Interface List
 31...........................Eddie Tunnel
 27...00 11 22 33 44 55 ......Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter
  5...66 77 88 99 00 aa ......Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-LM
  1...........................Software Loopback Interface 1
===========================================================================

IPv4 Route Table
===========================================================================
Active Routes:
Network Destination        Netmask          Gateway       Interface  Metric
    69.69.69.69    255.255.255.255         10.0.0.1       10.0.0.163     70
===========================================================================
Persistent Routes:
  None


My traffic to my public IP now travels directly, not down the VPN.

If you require more info, please let me know. Edited ... by milesgb

Share this post


Link to post

Close Eddie and reopen, connect, then provide a support file for further info and troubleshooting. Do not edit the route after the connection..


NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Share this post


Link to post

This time, it correctly routed my external IP to gateway 10.0.0.1 instead of 192.168.0.254.

I checked the log before I restarted Eddie, and it showed the following for my public IP route, indicating it was trying to route to the proper gateway, but you can see from the route prints I copied above that it didn't. 

Routes, add 69.69.69.69/32 for interface "Ethernet (Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-LM)".

I'll keep an eye on it and comment again if it happens again.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Security Check
    Play CAPTCHA Audio
    Refresh Image

×
×
  • Create New...