Not connected, Your IP: 3.21.100.233

Posted ... (edited)

Hello,

I have purchased a glinet flint2 router on which I have installed a vpn (wireguard client).Connected to this router are a synology NAS and an old pc on which I have installed rockylinux workstation (with a mate graphic interface).On the NAS and the pc are running the torrent transmission client.The transmission listening ports are open.In short, everything seems to be working with the torrent client.

For security reasons, I was just wondering if the router's firewall setting was correct (?). I haven't found much information on this subject.

Thanks for any help

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

firewall-flint2.jpg

Edited ... by santec29

Looks good to me!  It's great that that router allows you to create port forwards for interfaces other than only the WAN.  Just for confirmation your AirVPN port forwards page can test to see if the ports are open while the torrent clients are actively listening.

Thanks for the reply.

Both ports are open in the airvpn web interface.

I was also wondering if it was useful to leave the nas firewall activated and the rockylinux firewall activated (I opened the port in the rockylinux firewall otherwise it blocks).

Rockylinux uses firewalld as a firewall, which you can disable from the command line. It's strange but I have the impression that firewalld works in a similar way to the router.

2 hours ago, santec29 said:

Thanks for the reply.

Both ports are open in the airvpn web interface.

I was also wondering if it was useful to leave the nas firewall activated and the rockylinux firewall activated (I opened the port in the rockylinux firewall otherwise it blocks).

Rockylinux uses firewalld as a firewall, which you can disable from the command line. It's strange but I have the impression that firewalld works in a similar way to the router.

If you enabled firewalls on your devices hosting transmission you'd need to make sure those firewalls allow the port that transmission is listening at.