Not connected, Your IP: 3.147.84.71
zCOefLDrOPBegyscqIwi

ANSWERED No internet acces on browser when Eddie disconnected

Hey all,

Since an eternity, I'm very happy with AIR VPN, however I ran in a "problem" that I seem to be "unable" to resolve.

I need to access the internet on a browser without VPN connection. Now, that has never been a problem: Just turn network lock off, and browse. Till a few days ago. When I now turn network lock off. I am unable to browse.

I do notice that I can email with Outlook and do other kinds of things like online gaming and even ping the Google server. But the browser (any browser) cant connect to internet.

It gives me the idea that there should be somewhere a firewall rule bugging me. But even when I turn my Norton firewall totally off, this doesn't seem to help.

What am I missing?

Just for the sake:
Win=10
Network lock mode = None
Incoming = allow
Outgoing = allow
& all the 4 boxes are checked.

Thnx for the advice in advance!

On 5/7/2024 at 7:50 AM, tunechilee said:

I am having similar problems, how do we get help ?

You will get help if you open your own thread. Don't hijack, please. Instead, link to this thread in your own thread.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

1 hour ago, zCOefLDrOPBegyscqIwi said:

I was able to fix it. After a long search it appeared that after disconnection Eddie, the DNS setting was not reverted. Solved it by manually adjusting.

If it happens regularly, maybe we should look at it one more time? Or was it a one-time thing?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I've had the problem also. It seems when I ran a video encoding program, ripbot264, it created problems with eddie. I could use the internet with eddie on but with eddie off, the internet was locked out. This was even with the network lock off. Other video programs such as dvdfab, handbrake and avidemux seem to work fine and cause no conflict. Ripbot264 also caused problems with 7zip(unzipping errors) and multiavchd(no playlists created and could not mux menus). I had to do system restore or reset network to get the internet working again.