Not connected, Your IP: 3.128.79.88
jpj

AirVPN connects just fine after I use a browser to connect outside the VPN.

Posted ... (edited)

Hello,

AirVPN won't connect after I restart my computer. I'm using PopOS which is basically Ubuntu with better Nvidia driver support/holding back bad Nvidia updates. The funny thing is after I visit one website in any browser AitVPN connects just fine. I thought it was fixed after I turned off the connectivity checking setting, but it's back to how it was before now. I've used AirVPN on a couple of other computers with PopOS without any problems. I just installed PopOS yesterday on this computer, and this is this first time I've had anything like this problem. I didn't save the logs from the Stable version, but the Experimental version(2.24.2) acts the same. This doesn't seem to be an AirVPN problem, it seems like something in the OS is blocking access to the internet until it can access the internet, and then it lets other applications access the internet. I've tried lots of different protocols, and ports. Any ideas of what I should try to fix this problem? I'm probably going to move to Debian if I can't fix it.

Warm Regards,
JPJ

P.S. Apparently I've reached my maximum number of posts per day so I'm editing this post. Sending the laptop into sleep mode by closing the screen for awhile doesn't screw up AirVPN's ability to work. This problem seems pretty sus to me in a way that I think the 3 letter people might be involved. Any ideas for tracking down the offending software?

Eddie_20240330_195943.txt Eddie_20240330_201648_Conneted.txt

Edited ... by jpj

On 3/31/2024 at 6:05 AM, jpj said:

P.S. Apparently I've reached my maximum number of posts per day so I'm editing this post. Sending the laptop into sleep mode by closing the screen for awhile doesn't screw up AirVPN's ability to work. This problem seems pretty sus to me in a way that I think the 3 letter people might be involved. Any ideas for tracking down the offending software? 

New posters are on a queue by default until a few approved posts are made. Just bear with it for a moment, it's for spam prevention. :)
In any case, no, the three letter people are not involved. Don't jump to wild conclusions.

In any case, people solved similar problems by simply switching to Wireguard. Did you try that?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.