Not connected, Your IP: 3.146.37.35
Air4141841

Opnsense and openvpn users

lend me your ear...

since updating(I am currently on community 24.1) I moved over to openvpn "instances". as advertised by Opnsense months ago and I am glad I did.

my speeds have increased for all tunnels used.  

in setup under misc please make sure to check route-no exec. as it took me many hours to figure that step out.  

please share if this also increased your speeds.  

That makes openvpn not add routes to the system table automatically which requires you to do policy routing via firewall rules.  That's great, the way I do it on pfsense.  But just make sure you're actually using the VPN and the speed increase isn't because you're not actually using the VPN :)

yes I have confirmed.. 

opnsense is setup so certain devices still go over wan.  TV and certain IOT devices. 
certain devices are policy routed over airvpn etc 

been using Pfsense and then Opnsense for 6+ years now.   always used a few different "providers".  those that use tis crypt that is.
before I would setup a tunnel and setup snd rcv buffers since I had the ability to until instances..

Now I figured out the routenoexec was the only option that needs checked for the multiple tunnels to work, and it not take my entire connection down.     All 3 providers went from 60Mb to max 80Mb Download speed...  to just now I got 128mb down and 50Mb up with one tunnel.    I have a 500Mb fiber line down and up.  I have zero interest in running wireguard just yet.   yes I have used it... I just prefer openvpn currently 

hoping someone else can setup a instance tunnel to see how it works for them? 

I'm thinking the speed increase is coming from some other change in the OS that's coincident.

That's unfortunate that you can no longer control the buffers for the openvpn connection.

You have me tempted to go back to business version and test your theory 

I'd just prefer to be on a new OpenSSL version... and who knows there is another possibility of the speed increases?