Not connected, Your IP: 18.222.111.24
Peter Capaldi

AirVPN should have a Nostr profile

On the AirVPN homepage, Mastodon is explicitly endorsed, while Facebook and Twitter/X are implicitly endorsed by the social media profile listings in the footer.

I didn't sign up for AirVPN as quickly as I could have because this came off as suspicious. Mastodon seems to be a Manchurian attempt at decentralization. It's suspicious when websites shamelessly show off these social media platforms, especially without also showing Nostr, which is a better attempt at decentralization to resist censorship.

This made it hard to pick a VPN at this time. Other possible choices had the same issue. There are a couple other VPN providers I was able to find profiles for on Nostr, but they still seem to leave it out of the social media lists on their websites.

Creating an official Nostr profile for AirVPN, and adding it to the endorsements and social media listings like Mastodon, would be a good way to help people pick your VPN. I ended up picking AirVPN based on recommendations from others who had good reasoning, so AirVPN is the one I'm making this suggestion to.

It would also be possible to go halfway and have someone affiliated with AirVPN on Nostr without AirVPN officially having a Nostr profile. It could be someone who works at AirVPN, or I could get in touch with someone who would be happy to act as an "AirVPN community representative" on Nostr for free.