Not connected, Your IP: 3.16.212.99

Posted ... (edited)

Hi,

This is my first time using AirVPN/Eddie and I don't know if it's working. I have limited knowledge in VPNs. I used to use another VPN before. As you can see attached, my computer shows that I'm still connected to my WiFi network instead of Eddie 4 (Pas d'accès Internet means No Internet access). Is this normal? That being said, Eddie says that I'm connected to a network in Switzerland and I don't see my real IP number on IPleak.net, except in the Torrent Address Detection section. This section shows both the VPN server IP address AND my real IP address.

Edit : I've tried servers in five different countries and it's also showing "No Internet connection". Sometimes it's written Eddie 4, sometimes Eddie 8... 

Thanks!

20231116_182431_HDR.jpg

Edited ... by Roudoudou

Check Eddie's DNS settings and make sure it overrides your DNS entries.
My guess is that your normal connection has a better weight / preference than Eddie especially because Eddie uses ULA (unique local addresses) for IPv6 and if your normal ISP assigns you native IPv6 those public routable addresses will be preferred over ULA's unless you modify the routing policy in Windows.

So please check Eddie's DNS settings, this is why it might say connection is limited, because it cannot do DNS lookups over Eddie.

If you have doubts and want to see if traffic is going via VPN or not simply open a command prompt and do a:

traceroute 8.8.8.8

or

traceroute 2001:4860:4860::8844

(the IP addresses belong to Google public DNS servers)
and see if it chooses your ISP gateways or AirVPN / Eddie's.