Not connected, Your IP: 3.138.174.174
KitCat

(new user) Eddied doesn't handle internet loss or system suspend:

Hello. I'm on Endeavour OS (an Arch derivative); here is my system report. First off, I appreciate that AirVPN lets me buy just a few days of service, to test for things like this. Very user-friendly.

I've been having a number of issues with AirVPN, but the real show-stopper is that Eddie malfunctions when the internet is disconnected, and when the computer sleeps. In both cases, when connection is "restored," Eddie claims that the connection is normal, but I there doesn't seem to be any useful internet connection. In fact, in the case of internet disconnect, Eddie doesn't recognize that the connection has been lost at all. It occurred to me that these two problems are pretty similar, so maybe they have the same cause. I checked the logs, and, sure enough, they both were represented the same way. Just two copies of the same line:

2023.11.12 10:49:12 - DNS of the system switched to VPN DNS - via /etc/resolv.conf)
2023.11.12 10:50:02 - DNS of the system switched to VPN DNS - via /etc/resolv.conf)
My guess is that one of these appears at the disconnect, and one appears at the reconnect.
Any help would be appreciated.