Not connected, Your IP: 3.20.238.187
staticx27

ANSWERED What am I missing with whitelisting apps on Android?

When I whitelist one app, all the apps are now bypassing the VPN. This is not the definition of whitelisting. I mentioned this on the review I gave on the Google Play Store and I get a reply saying that I have this backwards???

Techtarget definition :

What is a whitelist (allowlist)?
A whitelist (allowlist) is a cybersecurity strategy that approves a list of email addresses, IP addresses, domain names or applications, while denying all others.

VPN whitelist (aka Split Tunneling): Allows chosen apps and websites to bypass a VPN (Virtual Private Network) even when it is turned on

Why is someone replying to my Google Play review that I have it wrong? What am I missing?

Oh, we've had that misunderstanding just recently.Going by the reactions, the option description might be changed in the next version to disallow such misunderstandings. Then blacklisting will be explained as "all VPN, blacklist out".

By the way, Wireguard uses similar wording: The directive AllowedIPs, which is inclusive naming for whitelist, means which IP ranges are allowed to go through the VPN connection.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.