Not connected, Your IP: 18.189.14.219
Tubular

Why does Eddie (Linux) disconnect & then reconnect to the same locked server?

Posted ... (edited)

If I have "Lock Current" enabled in the server list, why does Eddie Linux client frequently disconnect and then reconnect, even though it's just reconnecting to the same server? Shouldn't it stay connected if I have Lock Current selected?

Without Lock Current selected, naturally Eddie will disconnect as it searches for an alternate server, but I don't understand why it disconnects from the current locked server.

Just looking for the explanation of why it is so; not necessarily for troubleshooting. Thanks!

Edited ... by Tubular
clarification

Maybe it's just expected behavior and not a bug... I was just curious as to why it does it when it's not going to choose a different server anyway. 🤷‍♂️

I don't have answer, Tubular, but I have noticed the same behaviour. 😄
[Dell Inspiron, Intel CORE i5; Eddie 2.21.8; Windows 10 (free upgrade from Windows 8.1)]

Well, OpenVPN could simply lose the connection, of course, for any reason. Lock Current simply ensures that the current server is always used, not that the connection is kept alive at all costs.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

36 minutes ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Well, OpenVPN could simply lose the connection, of course, for any reason. Lock Current simply ensures that the current server is always used, not that the connection is kept alive at all costs.

Good point. I hadn't enabled system notifications - I'll turn them on now for a few days! - so I don't know how often it happens. The occasions I've noticed have all been when my internet activity has been very low to zero for a while - e.g. I've been working on Access or Excel (always without signing in), and my torrents have been inactive. In which case, Eddie has been doing a great drop in noticing and restoring a dropped connection. ☺️

3 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Lock Current simply ensures that the current server is always used, not that the connection is kept alive at all costs.

Ah... This explains it to my satisfaction, then. Thanks.