Not connected, Your IP: 18.222.67.251
Hutchinman

ANSWERED Internet Only Works When Connected to VPN Server

Hello,

I am running Eddie 2.23.1 on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I had this issue on the 2.22.2 version as well. I upgraded versions to try to fix it.

The internet was working fine whether I was connected to a VPN server or not up until today. Sometimes previously, if I restarted the computer while Eddie was still open and connected, the Network Lock feature would remain active post-restart, even with Eddie not open. Enabling and disabling Network lock would fix this. Enabling and disabling the Network Lock does not fix the issue now.

I have essentially the same issue as the user in this forum thread:

19 hours ago, Hutchinman said:

I have essentially the same issue as the user in this forum thread:

Well, it's a good thing I locked it so that you couldn't add your "same issue" post there, isn't it? :) Because it's absolutely not the same issue: Note that you are using Windows, not Linux, so you need a different fix.
You've done the correct thing, by the way: Creating your own thread and linking to a potential same issue.

Start Eddie, but don't connect, and provide a system report:.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

5 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Well, it's a good thing I locked it so that you couldn't add your "same issue" post there, isn't it? :) Because it's absolutely not the same issue: Note that you are using Windows, not Linux, so you need a different fix.
You've done the correct thing, by the way: Creating your own thread and linking to a potential same issue.

I would never have posted in that thread anyway. I have enough basic knowledge about program debugging that an issue on one OS is the same as an issue on a completely different OS even if the effects are the same. They could be related, which is why I linked to it. I didn't even know that the thread in question was locked until you mentioned it. I just knew that a thread about Linux debugging steps probably wasn't the best place for Windows debugging steps.

I have followed the guide you linked and attached the System Report text file. Let me know anything else you might need. Thank you for the assistance!

1 hour ago, Hutchinman said:

I just knew that a thread about Linux debugging steps probably wasn't the best place for Windows debugging steps.

Commendable. It's just that most others would've done exactly that.

So, yeah, your DNS was not reset. Could be because Eddie was not shutdown properly.

Detected DNS: fd7d:76ee:e68f:a993::1, 10.128.0.1

In a PowerShell, do this:

> netsh.exe interface ipv4 set dnsservers name=Ethernet source=dhcp register=both validate=yes
> netsh.exe interface ipv6 set dnsservers name=Ethernet source=dhcp register=both validate=yes

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

That fixed it! Thank you so much. I also double-checked that activating Network Lock and connecting to a VPN server, then disconnecting from the server and deactivating Network Lock doesn't break the now working internet. It didn't so everything is back to working correctly.