Not connected, Your IP: 18.219.22.107
MusicPeek

Russia will cut VPNs in 2024. Will these people not be free?

I wonder how Russian activists will write freely. You cut off the internet, you cut off the VPN. Same thing... How will these people write freely? The country has become like North Korea I sent you news, I'm posting a link, you can check it out. 

That is true. I have friends in China successfully using VPN's and Tor with pluggable transports / obfuscation mechanisms. That is not possible for the entire population but it can make it harder for the less advanced users as some solutions might not work any more out of the box, just click click connect, which will confuse the average user, but I agree it's probably technically impossible to block it for 100% of the population.

On 10/4/2023 at 10:34 AM, MusicPeek said:

What will happen to these people living in Russia? They will be left without VPN and will not be able to get accurate information.
https://www.reuters.com/technology/russia-plans-try-block-vpn-services-2024-senator-2023-10-03/

Lol - you quoted Reuters and mentioned accurate information in the same sentence 😁
VPN blocking, site blocking, cat pic blocking has been ongoing in Russia for a long time, but there always is and there always will be a way to access information.
TOR, shadowsocks, v2ray, ssh are all possibilities as well as openvpn and wireguard in certain configurations. The game of whack-a-mole is a game that can never be won by design.