Not connected, Your IP: 18.226.96.61
ocean13

ANSWERED Invalid Parameters for Openvpn ovpn file for synology.

Has anyone successfully added airvpn through openvpn to their synology? It won't work for me.

Be sure to select the correct OpenVPN version in the generator. The default is 2.5, and I think the newer Synology DSM versions run 2.4. Enable Advanced mode to show this option.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

1 hour ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Be sure to select the correct OpenVPN version in the generator. The default is 2.5, and I think the newer Synology DSM versions run 2.4. Enable Advanced mode to show this option.

I tried this. Sadly, it does not work.

2 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Now Airvpn only allows 2.4 not less than 2.4. How can I fix that?

10 hours ago, ocean13 said:

Now Airvpn only allows 2.4 not less than 2.4. How can I fix that? 

So, Synology DSM is still shipping OpenVPN 2.3, is that what you're saying? You should probably find a NAS solution that does not ship hopelessly outdated software. I recommend an ODROID HC4 with OpenMediaVault.

If you want to fix that, though, you must first check which directives are invalid. Does the Synology offer any kind of logging to check on that?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

15 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

So, Synology DSM is still shipping OpenVPN 2.3, is that what you're saying? You should probably find a NAS solution that does not ship hopelessly outdated software. I recommend an ODROID HC4 with OpenMediaVault.

If you want to fix that, though, you must first check which directives are invalid. Does the Synology offer any kind of logging to check on that?
I was able to solve it with a proper docker qbittorrent which included a vpn. Thanks for the ideas!