Not connected, Your IP: 18.217.149.241
CCCentralFund

Disconnected After 5 to 60 minutes

My VPN connection has been reliable for years but in the last few days it's suddenly started to disconnected me after 10 - 60 minutes.

Eddie: 2.21.8
Wireguard v1.0.20210914

I've tried both Eddie and Wireguard but they be disconnect with the same frequency.  When I'm disconnected I'm unable to get my internet connection back and have to restart my PC, but after a restart it works fine again.  I'm able to establish a VPN connect and it then after a few minutes the same problem happens again.

I suspect people are going to ask for log files, I'm not sure where the Wireguard ones are located do I'll get the ones from Eddie.

21 hours ago, CCCentralFund said:

I suspect people are going to ask for log files, I'm not sure where the Wireguard ones are located do I'll get the ones from Eddie.

Depends. How do you invoke Wireguard if not via Eddie?
And in case of Eddie, do not provide the logs; provide a system report..

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thanks for the advice.
Yesterday evening the connection was working fine again, but today it's dropped out once.
I'm going to see how it performs this week and then raise a support case (with the system report) if I encounter any problems.

my eddie is also disconnecting frequently minutes after startup mac. then randomly 1 to 5 times more over 5ish hours. eddie never did this before/years but about 3 weeks ago since i
1. upgraded to macos 14
2. my fiber optics ISP upgraded their hardware
3. i upgraded to eddie 2.21.8
all within days so i can't put a finger on it.
eddie disconnects i can tell immediately because all my streams freeze, i don't wait the seemingly minutes for eddie to figure that out and i manually disconnect/reconnect. poking forums first to not bother techs.
thank u!

9 hours ago, organicchocolate said:

my eddie is also disconnecting frequently minutes after startup mac. then randomly 1 to 5 times more over 5ish hours. eddie never did this before/years but about 3 weeks ago since i
1. upgraded to macos 14
2. my fiber optics ISP upgraded their hardware
3. i upgraded to eddie 2.21.8
all within days so i can't put a finger on it.
eddie disconnects i can tell immediately because all my streams freeze, i don't wait the seemingly minutes for eddie to figure that out and i manually disconnect/reconnect. poking forums first to not bother techs.
thank u!

Too bad you're hijacking another user's thread. Please open your own one and provide more info there.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.