Not connected, Your IP: 18.226.169.94
ek29378

Port Error 110 with Qbittorrent

Hey everyone, I've looked through the existing threads but can't find any with my specific issue. I'm using airvpn port forwarding to bypass local network restrictions (I have 0 access to any of the config). I'm having issues with ports seemingly getting dropped? Not sure how to best phrase it

1.Connect my PC to Airvpn
2. Request a new port with TCP/UDP
3. Update Qbittorrent with the new port, everything works and I can verify the port is open
4. Disconnect from vpn
5. Reconnect to vpn (still the same port in my torrent client), can no longer verify the port is open on the test page and on canyouseeme.org

Based off the info in this thread, seems like a port only stays open if there's a process actively listening for it? Seems like when I terminate the vpn connection it drops the port? Only fix I've found is requesting a new port. Is there any way to re-open the existing port when I reconnect to the vpn so I don't have to manually get a new port every time I want to seed or download something?

Bind qBittorrent to the tunnel interface. That way it will stop conversations if the tunnel goes out and resumes them if it comes up again.
qB preferences > Advanced > Network interface.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.