Not connected, Your IP: 13.58.82.79
Sign in to follow this  
cccthats3cs

Very slow speeds on Xuange

Hello

My usual server for browsing is Xuange due to the 10Gbps link and location. Recently I have noticed that this server is quite slow, especially whenever I am uploading something, where a few MB file takes easily 10 seconds or longer to upload.

I ran speedtests to the AltusHost B.V. - Zurich server on speedtest.net (this should be the exact same datacenter as Xuange) both on Xuange and on my normal connection.
On my normal connection I am getting 167 Mbps down, 123 Mbps up, 97 ms ping.
Through Xuange (WireGuard) I am getting 13 Mbps down, 11 Mbps up, 100 ms ping.
I tried switching to a different Zurich server and through Achernar (WireGuard) still connecting to the AltusHost Zurich speedtest server, I am getting 135 Mbps down, 73 Mbps up, 112 ms ping.

Having tried these tests the only variable left seems to be Xuange itself, rather than anything with my ISP's routing to the AltusHost Zurich datacenter or the speedtest server.

Is anyone else experiencing the same and does this possibly have to do with the server CPU load, given that there are consistently 300+ users connected?

Thanks

Unsure if anything was changed or if staff even looked at this, but over yesterday and today I have had normal upload speeds. Tried a speedtest just now and got around 150 Mbps down, 50 Mbps up which is plenty fine for my needs browsing.