Not connected, Your IP: 18.216.34.146
Nasheayahu

ANSWERED Routes: Domain name with a number problem

I was able to enter domain.com so I can use host.domain.com in fstab to be able to mount a NFS folder, however this domain.com I just found out today its already been taken, so I change it to doman7.com, but the save button remains grayed.  Is there a way to have this accepted?  The domain7.com is a must for my local network.

Mounting NFS over the internet is a poor practice. First, authentication is using uids which can be guessed very easily. Second, it's unencrypted. I do hope you're using NFSv4 at least which defines Kerberos authentication and optional encryption. If you don't, please have a look at other protocols like SSHFS.

Next, question: Where are you trying to enter this? If in Eddie > Preferences > Routes, then I cannot reproduce your problem; I can enter it just fine.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

On 3/7/2023 at 1:16 PM, OpenSourcerer said:

Mounting NFS over the internet is a poor practice.

Oh no, just within the intranet, I have a proxy server and have airvpn install there as well and I have a NFS I want to mount a folder.

On 3/7/2023 at 1:16 PM, OpenSourcerer said:

Next, question: Where are you trying to enter this? If in Eddie > Preferences > Routes, then I cannot reproduce your problem; I can enter it just fine.

Yes, correction, want to use domain-7.com and its not allowing this.  This is define in pfSense and in FreeIPA Doman Controller.  Is this not allowed using a "-" in the domain?  On this server I can't get to pfsense.domain-7.com to make some changes.

Ah, I see the problem. The dash is indeed interpreted as a range indicator, and escapes are not implemented.
But that's a minor problem; all this dialog box really does is resolve the domain you enter, then the resolved IP address will be added to the route. So as a workaround resolve the FQDN with dig or host, then enter the IP address(es).

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

25 minutes ago, OpenSourcerer said:

So as a workaround resolve the FQDN with dig or host, then enter the IP address(es).

Oh yes, by the IP I was able to get to the pfSense UI, I had already entered 10.30.0.0/16.

Thanks for clearing things up and your help!.... 👍