Not connected, Your IP: 3.147.80.94
Lordvpn

Another? Game server and connectivity issues under VPN

I appreciate this is not solely on the shoulders of the VPN though it works when it's not in use

We're trying to host a Warcraft server using Mangos/SQL etc.
The process server side is there's a database table that has the server IP 
Additionally the clients must amend a configuration file to match that IP

Server ports are the following and deal with different elements such as authentication, world data and database

They are open on the router

When I do the above with AirVPN/Eddie disengaged, persons can join whether internal or external to network i.e. it works

For the attempt with VPN running the following was changed:

• IP address in the SQL database set to the 10.x.x.x IP of the Eddie adapter on the hosting computer/server
  • IP address on the client side configuration files
  • Ports in Eddie client page set for tcp/udp both IPV4 & IPV6 

The outcome is odd
The game client can authenticate/login however the next stage involves joining a server. That part of the process gets stuck and effectively times out
At first I though this me overlooking say the world port (and meanwhile the authentication port was fine since it allowed a login) and that's why it stuck at that stage

Yet I have triple checked and all three ports are still forwarded on the router and the AIRVPN client page
Doing some tracing didn't really turn up much about traffic on the port. I had hoped the Eddie logs would assist with traffic blocked entries.

As a comparison I changed the IPs to the exit IP of AIRVPN as a test and oddly I got the same result, it sees the login though cannot proceed

Is there a way I can export my current Eddie preferences, possibly I enabled or disabled something previously that's affecting this?

I presume that this is not unique to Warcraft /Mangos as other games Ark for example have multiple ports to open and I remember reading here that persons got that going OK with VPN running

Old Setup:

pfSense 2.1.5 on :

Dell PowerEdge R860

2x Xeon E5620 @2.6ghz
16GB DDR3 EEC

Old ISP :

BT Infinity Clearnet - 79.5mbps BRAS ; 74.3mbps DS  / 20.0mbps US
AirVPN -------------- - --------------------  ; 69.0mpbs DS /  19.50mbps US

2 hours ago, Lordvpn said:

Is there a way I can export my current Eddie preferences, possibly I enabled or disabled something previously that's affecting this?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

1 hour ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Eddie_20230213_221546.txt
Of note should it help I was doing some client/server testing around 18:00 in those logs

Attached

Old Setup:

pfSense 2.1.5 on :

Dell PowerEdge R860

2x Xeon E5620 @2.6ghz
16GB DDR3 EEC

Old ISP :

BT Infinity Clearnet - 79.5mbps BRAS ; 74.3mbps DS  / 20.0mbps US
AirVPN -------------- - --------------------  ; 69.0mpbs DS /  19.50mbps US

On 2/13/2023 at 7:25 PM, Lordvpn said:

The game client can authenticate/login however the next stage involves joining a server. That part of the process gets stuck and effectively times out

This indicates the communication is using a port you didn't forward. While the three ports you indicated might as well be Auth, SQL and world data, the actual connections to the server might use an arbitrary UDP port range.

Also, I cannot quite fathom how it's possible that I'm seeing the logs alone and not the Eddie system report with all configs. It's like you didn't read the guide at all, where it's written multiple times that the system report contains the logs and therefore is not enough to paste. We are not troubleshooting your connection to the server, read what is requested of you, please!

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.