Not connected, Your IP: 3.149.250.1
phunction

ANSWERED Help, Eddie hosed my system

I thought I would give Eddie a try, so I ran the stand alone version. It seemed to run ok, but then the client just disappeared off my screen, but it looked my connection was still through VPN.
I restarted, and now my system cannot connect to anything, no internet access. Even my start menu no longer works!?
If I run openvpn, as I normally do and connect to something, then I can get internet access, but as soon as I disconnect I no longer have access.
I really don't want to have to redo my entire system just to fix this, any ideas? I did check my DNS settings for the connection and it still has my normal DNS servers in there.

On a side note, running the stand alone version also installed an eddie service that will not go away, I set it to disabled.

I've had that happen in the past. I may be wrong but what I interpreted as happening was - Eddie crashed leaving openVPN running and the network lock active. After the reboot, the VPN connection was closed but network lock was still active since Eddie did not undo the changes when exiting. I usually just ran Eddie again and then disabled network lock through Eddie's interface, or closed Eddie (which could automatically remove the network lock).

If the version of Eddie you're using won't stay running long enough for you to disable the lock, then you can try installing and running a different version.

If you're on Windows, you could try resetting the changes to the Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) or Firewall to the defaults. I think Eddie usually uses the WFP for the network lock rather than the Windows Firewall. I don't know how this is done, though.

If you're on Linux, I've had Eddie give problems starting after an unexpected shutdown before (saying it's already running when it attempts to start). Usually just logging out and logging back in clears up that problem.

Posted ... (edited)

Unfortunately this didn't work. I reset my firewall and all adapter settings then it started to work.

Edited ... by phunction