Not connected, Your IP: 34.203.242.200
ss11

AirVPN is the most customizable private network

AirVPN features are incomparable to other services out there. "Eddie" is very nice, I'd say simpler and more intuitive vs. other competition similar tools (I am not using it) but it's very good for the majority of users who just want a working good and secure VPN without being interested in what happens under the hood. The first attraction is the fact that is exclusively based on OpenVPN, which any sysadmin knows it's the best option, most of other VPN protocols are orders of magnitude less secure, less flexible and just confusing.

However, for the little bit more techy users, the AirVPN system offers you the possibility to:
- add / remove devices (public keys / client TLS certificates)
- select entry IP layer (IPv4 and IPv6) as well as select connectivity inside the VPN tunnel itself
- select device for building the client TLS certificate
- many protocol and ports combinations, OpenVPN over SSH and over Tor - basically it's impossible not to be able to use it in any scenario
- Port Forwarding / DynDNS
- Customizable DNS settings
- Stats to view current connections insidethe airvpn website
- all other advanced features

all these are a piece of art of IT engineering, and I hope this service will remain available forever and always care about these "advanced specs for techy users". I know the backbone of this entire service is comprised of huge scripts and firewall / networking settings, I hope they are well kept and archived with clear instructions so the service can be kept ongoing for the foreseeable future independent to the person(s) in charge.

Congrats to the team (open source projects contributor here)! Glad to jump in the party, here to stay.

15 hours ago, ss11 said:

without being interested in what happens under the hood

I find this a dangerous thing to write for many reasons. When did you start blindly trusting everything written on the internet?

16 hours ago, ss11 said:

The first attraction is the fact that is exclusively based on OpenVPN

This one is false, as AirVPN offers Wireguard, too.

16 hours ago, ss11 said:

which any sysadmin knows it's the best option

As such a sysadmin, the question immediately coming to mind here is "best option for what?", after that we can talk about whether it really is. :)

16 hours ago, ss11 said:

most of other VPN protocols are orders of magnitude less secure, less flexible and just confusing

I'd like to request some technical explanation for this kind of high praise.

16 hours ago, ss11 said:

all these are a piece of art of IT engineering

I agree – the individual parts that make up the service of AirVPN are truly remarkable programs and services. :)

It's great to have you. Enjoy! :D

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.