Not connected, Your IP: 18.118.164.151
TacoJohn1267

Eddie cannot connect to any servers -- restart loop

Posted ... (edited)

Hi, I just bought AirVPN and I'm having an issue where I cannot connect to any servers at all. I'm on Windows 11 and have had vpns before (specifically Nord) which have worked just fine, so I'm really confused as to what the issue is. It gives the notification of "connecting to the server", but then it just seems to time out. It happens with every single server and I've been trying to get it to work for over an hour now. This log is with windows firewall disabled (and rules in to allow eddie for good measure) and on a domain network. Please, I would really appreciate some help here!

Edit to say I forgot to mention that after timing out it restarts connecting to a new server, and of course that one times out and then it looks at a different one, and just gets stuck in a loop.

log.txt

Edited ... by TacoJohn1267

Did you try different ports and protocols? They are found in Eddie Preferences > Protocols. Uncheck Automatic, then try different entries, for instance, UDP/53 and TCP/443.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

7 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Did you try different ports and protocols? They are found in Eddie Preferences > Protocols. Uncheck Automatic, then try different entries, for instance, UDP/53 and TCP/443.

TCP/443 worked! Thank you so much, I was getting worried for a little bit... Also, do you happen to know any reason why UPD/443 won't work? It's not a big deal but I'm curious what's stopping it.

On 9/24/2022 at 5:14 PM, OpenSourcerer said:

Most likely a firewall. Do you know of any?

No, unless the ISP is blocking it. I had all of the windows firewalls down while running that and I don't have any kind of antivirus programs or anything of that sort. Also, since I've got Metallah to connect this isn't a huge issue, but for some reason that is the only server I can connect to. Every other server just stays at the "connecting screen" like they did before. I can't send a log rn but i can tomorrow

8 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Your router is a firewall, too. Make sure to check there, too.

Oh well then that's probably it, I'm on a public network so there isn't much I can do :(

Then it's definitely the router's firewall. TCP to the rescue, I guess. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.