Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.111.183
JohnSmith102

ANSWERED How do I install Windows Tap Adapter V9

So some days ago I was going through my installed programs list to clean things up, free up space, unistalling useless apps, etc. I ended up uninstalling Windows Tap Adapter V9 from my programs list, only later realizing my mistake.

Basically, How do I reinstall Windows Tap Adapter V9?

5 hours ago, JohnSmith102 said:

So some days ago I was going through my installed programs list to clean things up, free up space, unistalling useless apps, etc. I ended up uninstalling Windows Tap Adapter V9 from my programs list, only later realizing my mistake.

Basically, How do I reinstall Windows Tap Adapter V9?

AFAIK it's deprecated, and you shouldn't use it. Eddie has its own version of wintun instead.  If you find you need Tap for some reason, you can re-install Eddie to get the driver back.

Thanks for the reply.  Deprecated?

Actually I was looking around and I found the Adapter EXE inside the Eddie installation folder.
I Re-installed it. It connects to the VPN server just fine. I'm assuming everything is working now.

I had issues with Eddie / wintun a while back on one of my PC's and had to force TAP to get a connection - that was a few Eddie versions ago though. Then, I remembered reading @Clodo's post some weeks ago.  Anyway, glad it's sorted for you.