Not connected, Your IP: 13.59.218.147
AnonymousRetard

Copernicus unable to connect on port 80 to like 20-50% of the internet

Posted ... (edited)

Hello,

Since a few days back I have been unable to connect to the following sites on port 80 from the server Copernicus:
www.tibber.com
developer.tibber.com
www.msftncsi.com/ncsi.txt (used by Windows to determine if it has connectivity or not, causing lots of issues when it doesn't work, like automatically disconnecting from Wifi, which in my house means it jumps between 2.4G and 5G bands constantly)
Whatever site iPhone uses to check for connectivity causing the same issue as described above
www.nibeuplink.com
airvpn.org

The sites above are just a few examples, there are a lot more sites with issues but there also seems to be a lot of sites with no issues at all. If the site in question supports HTTPS as well then it seems to work to connect on the HTTPS port instead and pings work normally as well, it's just port 80 connections to some sites that are having issues.

I have the VPN client set up to run from my pfSense router and it's connected using
Server mode: "Peer to Peer (SSL/TLS)"
Device mode: "tun - Layer 3 tunnel mode"
Protocol: "UDP on IPv4 only"
Server port: 443

I have a routing rule that all unsecured http traffic (port 80) should go over the VPN while 443 traffic goes straight out through my WAN connection. The port 80 connections that don't work end up in the state "SYN_SENT:CLOSED". 

If I instead use the server "Lupus" there are no issues at all.

I have just moved to a new house and there's no fiber connection installed yet so I'm on a mobile broadband (4G) connection. For some reason I don't seem to be able to connect to any server right now through Eddie-UI on my laptop, but connecting to my work VPN is working fine. I guess I haven't really tested other ports than 80 on Copernicus but I won't be able to test more until later tonight. But for now I seem to have solved the issue by just avoiding the server Copernicus.

Edited ... by AnonymousRetard