Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.23.123
NS0

Furture of Dallas Server?

Why AirVPN not doing anything to those Dallas server? like changing the IP address or provider?

Since Google blocked it like year ago, the traffic drop significantly to the point feels like wasting the resource to keep them operate.

eg: https://airvpn.org/servers/Mensa/

The Dallas servers also generally show a far lower load than one would expect given the number of users shown.  Right now Equuleus/Leo/Pegasus shows 15/18/9 Mbps with 60/61/64 users.  It's not consistent though.  Sometimes some Dallas servers have more reasonable numbers.  But overall, their loads but not user counts run way low compared to other US servers.  Why?

I'm on 2 dallas servers 24/7 and they perform well almost always.  The owner of the datacenter is quick to fix problems and has messaged me privately to make sure things are working well for me.  I like that.  I hope they don't move away from those servers!

The Dallas servers work almost flawlessly for me.  They are not the closest and I only use them for specific connection needs.  VERY reliable data center from my perspective.

The point is, AirVPN should rearrange resources on those low-demand servers.
Not just on the Dallas side, a similar happen on Sweden Uppsala pool as well.

On 6/23/2022 at 1:52 PM, NS0 said:

The point is, AirVPN should rearrange resources on those low-demand servers.
Not just on the Dallas side, a similar happen on Sweden Uppsala pool as well.

Be advised that the Mensa server you linked to continuously hosts around 60 client connections. I wouldn't go as far as calling this low demand. Demand != bandwidth load.
Uppsala's servers, on the other hand, do host a rather low number of them, some peaks here and there indicating 100+ Mbit/s is possible with them.

In any case, in all these years servers were never withdrawn because of apparent low demand, so it's unlikely it will happen with any of those you mentioned. I suggest not to worry, their operation is well within the financial possibilities, I'm sure. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.