Not connected, Your IP: 34.201.37.128
dumb-dexman

Same IP address for multiple sessions using WireGuard

When I connect to AirVPN using WireGuard, the sessions are having same IP addresses. 
I use pfSense as my router and it doesn't allow me use the same IP address as Gateway.
Is this a limitation on AirVPN WireGuard implementation to not have different IP addresses for different sessions?

Screenshot 2022-06-21 111122.png

For each Connection you want to connect make your own configuration by airvpn Setup side

those are internal and on different servers so it doesn't really matter.  it's like the fact that so many people in the world have a home router at 192.168.1.1.

but if you want them different then make new devices and setup your wireguard tunnels using the new device info....when you use the config generator you choose what device you want the config for.

https://airvpn.org/devices/

Yes, it is a limitation of wireguard, much discussed on the internet.  However, these "VPN" IP addresses are internal addresses in Air's (encrypted) network.  The only way such an IP will be visible to a site you are visiting is if your browser releases it as a WebRTC leak.  It is not officially tied to your name or anything, but if a site sees you at X.Y.W.Z via WebRTC and then on a different day sees you at X.Y.W.Z again, it will "think," in the appropriate bwa-ha-ha way, "Aha!  There he is again!"  But still that site will not know your true IP on the internet or your true location.  Both those items will be those of the Air server you are using.

So visit ipleak.net or browserleaks.com and pay attention to the WebRTC section.  Some browsers (firefox, for example) are easily configured to be silent via WebRTC.  Others, esp ones more oriented towards surveillance of users, are not.  Do your homework if this matters to you.

On 6/21/2022 at 9:49 AM, go558a83nk said:

those are internal and on different servers so it doesn't really matter.  it's like the fact that so many people in the world have a home router at 192.168.1.1.

but if you want them different then make new devices and setup your wireguard tunnels using the new device info....when you use the config generator you choose what device you want the config for.

So I tried this and there is still gateway overlap since they are still within range. Is there a way to get a gateway on a different segment? This would make configuration of two separate locations much easier with PFsense and Wireguard.

6 hours ago, Dogcatchersito said:

So I tried this and there is still gateway overlap since they are still within range. Is there a way to get a gateway on a different segment? This would make configuration of two separate locations much easier with PFsense and Wireguard.

ah, yeah.  just change the net mask to 32 instead of 10.  it worked for me on pfsense. :)

On 6/21/2022 at 7:19 PM, go558a83nk said:

I tried this and it worked. Thanks, now I have different IP and pfsense is happy.

23 hours ago, go558a83nk said:

ah, yeah.  just change the net mask to 32 instead of 10.  it worked for me on pfsense. :)
+1 to this. I did the same thing.