Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.185.180
Sign in to follow this  
FoxholeA

Is it risky to use a US server

Risky for them - not for you. However even though there's no traffic discrimination on any server, if you do a lot of torrent stuff you're probably better off sticking with Sweden, Netherlands, or Luxembourg for that - just as a courtesy to Air, so they don't get too many complaints from the copyright trolls.

Even though here on airvpn there aren't any restrictions concerning filesharing like on many other providers I nevertheless would avoid using these servers for your purpose. At least you'll avoid problems for the local providers. Airvpn has got a very liberated attitude on the whole... and I appreciate that. Maybe they won't tell you anything. Nonetheless I would always check what servers in which countries suit my purpose best. So concerning filesharing I would discourage from using US-based and GB-based servers. Make a little research on your own why not to use them. Check the Netherlands and Sweden, there you should find a suitable server. My general opinion concerning that issue is that too less people are really aware of what they are doing, thinking that having a vpn is enough... and that's a misconception. In the long term of time this leads to problems for all. The provider I had before got many problems as the users didn't know how to behave. Suddenly the provider changed its philosophy and new restrictions came... everything has changed. That's one reason why I don't like when a vpn-provider grows a lot as with more people more troubles and problems can appear because too less people are aware of what they are doing...

cheers,

Michigan

Guest rbj

I live in the U.S. and I wouldn't use a U.S. server