Not connected, Your IP: 18.191.157.186

You're repeatedly asking for feedback on – usually – less known VPN providers, I noticed. Is there a particular reason for that? :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Posted ... (edited)

Price is very similar to AirVPN but performance is dramatically lower with OpenVPN. No WireGuard support. Very few servers. Web site behind Cloudflare is frequently unreachable on various pages. No dynamic block lists. No port forwarding for incoming packets. Company in the USA. Not a match for AirVPN.

Edited ... by nomailatall

They run a Wordpress plugin called Hellobar which is

[…] the best WordPress plugin for getting Facebook likes, we know because we've tried them all. We credit HelloBar for increasing our lead capture and growing our Facebook Fan Page.
Creepy. Facebook seems to be the primary target audience.

SlickVPN uses bank grade 256-bit encrypted connections to keep your data safe.
Bank grade is the new military grade :D

Website littered with Google tracking technology. Server location map is rendered using some developer tiles, I think they're trying not to pay for the Maps API (if it's not a simple mistake, that is). They do know there's OpenStreetMap, right?

What is this, by the way?
You may not export the SlickVPN software program to countries listed on the Commerce Control List. This currently includes countries such as Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Since this list may be updated at times, please visit http://www.bis.doc.gov/policiesandregulations/ear/740.pdf routinely. By agreeing with the SlickVPN terms of service, you agree that you will not send the software to the countries listed on this list nor will you have any equipment with the SlickVPN software program while in any of these prohibited countries.
Creepy. So privacy is not for all. It's what happens if you're based in the US.

Privacy Policy:
The systems used at SlickVPN are based out of the United States, so your personal information will only be processed by us in the US, where data protection and privacy regulations may differ than in other countries. Once an online account is created with SlickVPN from outside of US, you agree to the terms of this Policy, Terms of Service and grant us consent to transfer and process your information to the United States. Which may or may not offer an equal level of data protection of other countries, dependent on the country of origin.
I think this is illegal in EU legislation. Privacy Shield is no longer in effect, a simple "my way or the highway" is definitely not sufficient.

To maximize your privacy, SlickVPN only collects the minimum information required to create your account.

•  eMail
  • Username/Password
  • Apache Webserver Data
  • Payment Data necessary to manage subscriptions, payments, and cancellations
  • Any emails sent to our service
  • Google analytics data to help market our product
  • Temporary cookies to manage members area login

SlickVPN collects certain information automatically from visitors to the site which includes the IP address and which pages are viewed on the site.

That is not minimum. I don't see how some "data" from Apache, mails to the service and Analytics are necessary for account management to work.

Servers in a wild array of countries, they're not focused on Net Neutrality at least.

Force using CBC cipher. Unsure why, GCM is what OpenVPN should automatically negotiate.

OpenVPN config overrides the default route. So the focus is not on providing great customizability, one more hint at Facebook being the target.

Doesn't look recommendable all in all.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I have no direct experience with Slick. However, I have seen it recommended (on a private forum) for unblocking Netflix. If Air can't serve your needs in that regard, and you're looking to unblock Netflix in particular, then it might be worth adding it. Being based in the US, I wouldn't trust it as my main vpn though.