Not connected, Your IP: 18.224.32.86

Posted ... (edited)

I am currently experiencing an issue regarding a crash on startup,
I am using: Eddie (VPN Client), MacOS Pre Catalina, 64 Bit DMG DISK IMAGE
My specs are: High Sierra,  Air (13-inch, Mid 2011), 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

I'm not exactly sure what it says as it's way too fast for me to read so hoping some of you may have a suspicion what is going on. Just a note that I also tried the portable version and doesn't seem to work either.

Edited ... by Starlight.

Hello,

This looks exactly like the issue I've been having since at least 4 Eddie updates. I am currently running onMacOS 12.4 Monterey, but experienced this issue on older MacOS versions too.

So, I'm not sure if my issue is the same as Starlight.'s, but behaviour looks the same. @Starlight. do you still have this problem when you start Eddie directly from the mounted dmg image ?

This is what happens on my Mac: when I install Eddie (drag the file to the Applications folder) on MacOS, I can briefly see the small pop-up window for elevating system privileges, but it quickly disappears and Eddie did not start (I know because I checked in Mac Activity Monitor, and it didn't show any running Eddie processes).

However, when I start Eddie directly from a mounted image (.dmg file) it starts up normally and prompts for elevated rights. I fill in the password and the application proceeds to work perfectly fine. Btw I have tested this on both Post Catalina and Pre Catalina version. Both work fine, but the problem is that it requires the dmg image to be mounted each time after computer start-up. 

On 5/19/2022 at 8:24 PM, OpenSourcerer said:

Can you start this in a terminal and post the output, if any?

Again, not sure if it's the same issue as Starlight.'s, but here is the Terminal output to show what happens when I run the Eddie application from Terminal:

Application: eddie-ui_2.21.8_macos-10.15_x64_disk.dmg

Terminal output:

DanMBP:~ DanMan$ /Applications/Eddie.app

-bash: /Applications/Eddie.app: is a directory

DanMBP:~ DanMan$ /Applications/Eddie.app/Contents/MacOS/Eddie

objc[3648]: Class NSURLSessionDelegate is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/NetworkServiceProxy.framework/Versions/A/NetworkServiceProxy (0x7ff94b452d90) and /Applications/Eddie.app/Contents/MacOS/Eddie (0x1062ac390). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Unable to initialize native library. Maybe a CPU architecture issue.

. 2022.06.01 21:08:24 - Shutdown in progress

. 2022.06.01 21:08:24 - Shutdown complete

DanMBP:~ DanMan$ /Applications/Eddie.app/Contents/MacOS/eddie-cli-elevated

DanMBP:~ DanMan$

Application: eddie-ui_2.21.8_macos-10.9_x64_disk.dmg

Terminal output:

DanMBP:~ DanMan$ /Applications/Eddie.app/Contents/MacOS/Eddie

objc[3758]: Class NSURLSessionDelegate is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/NetworkServiceProxy.framework/Versions/A/NetworkServiceProxy (0x7ff94b452d90) and /Applications/Eddie.app/Contents/MacOS/Eddie (0x10e66d390). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Unable to initialize native library. Maybe a CPU architecture issue.

. 2022.06.01 21:11:44 - Shutdown in progress

. 2022.06.01 21:11:44 - Shutdown complete

DanMBP:~ DanMan$ /Applications/Eddie.app/Contents/MacOS/eddie-cli-elevated

DanMBP:~ DanMan$